Our Travel Insurance Covers
- 24-hour medical emergency service
- 40 plus activities included for free
- Up to £15 million medical cover
- Up to £3000 baggage cover
- Cancellation cover up to £12,500 per person
Types of Travel Insurance
Single trip travel insurance is perfect if you need cheap travel insurance for one break. It’s ideal for those who go away once or twice a year. This cover is for the exact number of days you will be travelling, so you don’t pay for more than you need.
This covers you for all your trips over the next 12 months. If you travel more than twice a year, then this could mean you get the best value for money. Our annual multi-trip cover lets you travel where you want and when you want. No need to purchase insurance for each individual trip.
- Winter sports insurance
- Cruise insurance
- Travel insurance with medical conditions
- Travel insurance for over 65’s
- Adventure sports insurance
Frequently asked questions
If your checked luggage has not arrived at your destination airport, you should follow these steps to make a claim:
1. Inform the Customer Services desk or Luggage Services desk at the destination airport that your checked luggage has not arrived on the carousel.
2. If they are unable to locate your checked luggage, the Customer Services desk or Luggage Services desk will provide you with a SITA receipt as proof of your lost luggage containing a Personal Identification Reference Number (PIR).
3. Using the PIR you can then begin to report your claim on the Smart Luggage portal by:
• Enter the PIR number (this should be ten digit reference containing five numbers and five letters).
• Enter your surname
• Enter the date
• Select your Smart Luggage policy number
• Select your flight
• Take a photograph of the proof of loss receipt containing the PIR number and upload it.
• Click “report lost”
4. Once we have received this information we can begin searching for your missing checked luggage
From the moment you report your luggage missing, our automated technology gets to work to try and find it. If it is located, you will receive a text from us with details on how it will be returned to you. However, if after 48 hours your luggage is not found, it is deemed ‘lost’ and £500 will be deposited directly into your bank account you provided us when registering.
Delayed = £50, after 30 minutes
Lost = £500, after 48 hours
The number of units (items of luggage) covered by your ‘smart luggage’ depends on the type of Travel Insurance Policy you have purchased:
• Individual Travel Insurance policy = 1 item of luggage per individual named on the policy
• Couple Travel Insurance policy = 2 items of luggage
• Family Travel Insurance Policy = 2 items of luggage
• Group Travel Insurance policy = 1 item of luggage per individual named on the policy
For full details, please see your policy details.
Our ‘smart luggage’ add-on provides cover for your checked luggage. It is cover in case it is lost or delayed because of an airline or airports mishandling of it. Smart luggage uses automated technology to validate claims and reduce processing times.
Who needs Travel Insurance?
You’re not legally required to take out travel insurance, but many travel agents ask that you have a policy in place before you leave for a trip. If you were to break your leg or need emergency hospital care while you are abroad, travel insurance means you can claim back medical costs. Accidents happen, and if your trip is cancelled or you need to end it early, travel insurance means you are financially covered.
Additional Travel Insurance benefits
- Immediate Cover / Documents.
- Covid-19 cover available.
- End Supplier Failure included on Gold Policies.
- Smart Luggage: get £50 if your luggage is delayed or £500 if it’s lost.
- Zero excess policies available.
- No age limits for single trip insurance.
- Annual multi-trip policies up to 93 days duration.
- Terrorism and crisis management cover available.
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered.
- Specific cruise benefits.
Why use GoSkippy?
We are an insurance broker set up to bring you first class insurance at the most competitive prices we can find. We search a range of market-leading insurers to find you the best deal.
We’re an established UK broker
Top customer service
Safer journeys, in partnership with Just Travel Cover
GoSkippy Travel Insurance is arranged and administered by Just Travel Cover. Just Travel Cover is a trading style of Just Insurance Agents Limited. Registered in England. Company No. 05399196. Registered Office: Victoria House, Toward Road, Sunderland, SR1 2QF. Just Insurance Agents Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) number 610022. For more information about how Just Travel Insurance Agents Limited collect and use your personal information, please view their privacy notice.