If your checked luggage has not arrived at your destination airport, you should follow these steps to make a claim:
1. Inform the Customer Services desk or Luggage Services desk at the destination airport that your checked luggage has not arrived on the carousel.
2. If they are unable to locate your checked luggage, the Customer Services desk or Luggage Services desk will provide you with a SITA receipt as proof of your lost luggage containing a Personal Identification Reference Number (PIR).
3. Using the PIR you can then begin to report your claim on the Smart Luggage portal by:
• Enter the PIR number (this should be ten digit reference containing five numbers and five letters).
• Enter your surname
• Enter the date
• Select your Smart Luggage policy number
• Select your flight
• Take a photograph of the proof of loss receipt containing the PIR number and upload it.
• Click “report lost”
4. Once we have received this information we can begin searching for your missing checked luggage