Most people would’ve been in lockdown due to Covid-19 during the past couple of months and will have only been driving for emergencies. But as people start driving their cars more the chances of having an accident could increase.
Did you know?
There were 1,870 road deaths in the year ending June 2019 which is a small increase compared to the previous year. Even though this is only slightly more than 2018 it is obviously still way too many.
So, what should you do if you’ve had an incident?
Whether it’s a small bump or a more serious collision, having a car accident can be very upsetting. However, there are a few things you can do to be safe and, also gather the right information to make a claim:
- It’s very important that you contact us as soon as possible and when it is safe to do so
- Remain calm and don’t accept liability
- Exchange details with the other party. Remember to include names, phone numbers and addresses, make, model and registration number of the vehicle, and their insurer details
- Take down details of any witnesses or police officers that attended the scene
- Take photos if you can, of all vehicles, damage, the road, and conditions
How do I report a claim quickly and easily?
Firstly, be careful when you search for us on the internet and be very aware of Claims Management Companies (CMCs)!
There are companies out there pretending to be us and you could end up giving all your details to a Claims Management Company who may only be interested in arranging expensive hire cars and passing you to a personal injury solicitor. Whilst their service might sound great, you may be left in the lurch if your claim isn’t straightforward. Watch out for misleading ads on your internet search and be sure you’re on the right page, or that you call us on one of the numbers below.
Well, we have several ways you can report a claim but it’s very important that you contact us as soon as possible. Even if you don’t intend to make a claim it’s best to tell us you’ve been involved in an accident especially if someone else is involved.
- Our Claims Team is available to support you 24/7 and you can speak to them by calling 0344 840 9503. If you have your policy details and incident details to hand, this will speed up the process. Don’t worry if you don’t – your address, car registration, etc. will be just as useful.
- If easier, you can also report a claim online. Here you can fill in the main details of the incident in a matter of minutes, and one of our claims handlers will call you back ASAP.
- Damaged your windscreen and wish to make a claim? If you have a fully comprehensive policy that’s also no problem. Just call us on 0800 011 6609 and we can process this with minimal fuss.
So, what happens next?
We understand that making a claim can be stressful so we are committed to providing excellent service, as is our partner company Somerset Bridge Limited where claims are handled. We take all claims seriously and your claim will be handled by one of their experienced claims handlers who will guide you through the process.
Disclaimer- Articles are for general information only – customers should always seek their own independent advice. GoSkippy is not affiliated with the organisations/businesses mentioned and does not recommend or endorse any of the included products or services. For more information please visit our disclaimer.