0344 840 6300 talk2us@goskippy.com

Our business is to look out for your business


Public Liability

The right Public Liability Insurance will give you peace of mind that your business activities are covered, so you can concentrate on what you do best.

We’re here to help make life easier, by getting you the right type of policy, at the best price, for your business.

Call us on 0344 776 9390 and we will put together a bespoke quote.

Who needs Public Liability Insurance?

Public Liability Insurance (also known as: public indemnity insurance) protects you if a client claims you were negligent, gave the wrong training or advice, or made a mistake that caused them a financial loss. It helps to cover you from the associated legal and compensation costs. You could be freelance or employed by a company. The type of people that could need this are:

  • Consultants
  • Accountants
  • Designers
  • Recruiters
  • Anyone handling intellectual property
  • Anyone handling client data
  • Anyone offering professional advice

What does it cover?

Public Liability Insurance can cover your legal defence costs if a client makes a claim against you, and the costs if you’re found to be at fault. This cover or ‘Indemnity limit’ can typically vary from £1 million up to £10 million. We’ll discuss the risks your business is exposed to, and any contractual clauses set by your clients, to help you choose the right level of cover. Your public liability policy can also provide ‘run-off insurance’. This covers you if a claim is made against your business in the future, when your business no longer operates.

Specialist Public Liability Insurance

Some industry associations and professional bodies make Public Liability Insurance mandatory. We can arrange tailored policies for a wide range of businesses including:

  • Accountants insurance
  • Architects insurance
  • Many more – give us a call!


There are optional extras you can include:

  • Personal accident insurance
    Personal accident insurance covers the injury or death of anyone on your policy, whether at work or elsewhere. It covers loss of earnings and medical costs.
  • Employers liability insurance
    If you employ anyone else as part of your business, you’re legally obliged to have employers liability (EL) insurance, unless this person is a family member.

Should an employee be injured during their work for you, your employers’ liability insurance will cover compensation and legal costs.

If you have employees or contractors, this needs to be noted on your insurance policy. This is in case they do something that means your client makes a claim against your business.

Consequential loss is sometimes included, although it often comes with exclusions. This covers you for any financial losses claimed by your client as an indirect result of your mistake or negligence.

Why use us?

We are an insurance broker set up to bring you first class insurance at the most competitive prices we can find. We search a range of market-leading insurers to find you the best deal.