Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software

Shop and Retail Insurance

What level of Shop and Retail Insurance do I need?

Here at GoSkippy 4 Business we offer core shop and retail insurance, so everyone is covered for the basics. This includes:

Public Liability Icon
Public Liability

This covers you for damage, loss or injury to third parties while on your business property. For example, if a customer trips on uneven paving while entering your pub and is injured, you’ll be covered.

Multiple people icon
Employers’ Liability

This is a legal requirement for any business that employs staff, to ensure that you’re covered in the event of an employee being injured while at work.

Goods in Transit icon
Goods In Transit

This covers you if your products are lost or damaged in transit

Person icon
Personal Accident

This insurance compensates you for medical costs in the case of injury, disability or death caused by accidents.

What is Shop and Retail Insurance?

Shop and retail insurance is there to protect your business. There are various situations where it can be used. Whether you temporarily can’t trade due to unforeseen circumstances, or your stock is damaged in a lengthy power outage this policy will be there for you. Even if a customer is injured in your store, we’ve got you covered.

Who needs Shop and Retail insurance?

Though there is no legal requirement to have shop and retail insurance. However, having this cover helps protect your business, its premises, contents, and the individuals involved. It covers your employees and your customers.

Shop and Retail Insurance optional extras

Every business is unique, which is why we can tailor our quotes to suit your individual demands, including*:

  • Legal Cover
  • Loss of Licence
  • Theft by violent or forced entry

*Limitations and exclusions apply to all these add-ons.

Will you cover my shop?

This product not only applies to traditional corner shops and retailers. Other small businesses we cover include:

  • Clothing and shoe shops
  • Butchers, fish mongers, delis, and bakeries
  • Bike and cycle shops
  • Corner shops and newsagents
  • Flower shops and florists
  • Budget shops
  • Grocers and greengrocers
  • Pet shops

Please be aware we are unable to provide cover for tattoo parlours or cosmetic surgery outlets under this policy. If you have a cafe, takeaway, or coffee shop, GoSkippy 4 Business can provide cover under Pub and Restaurant Insurance policies.


Why use GoSkippy 4 Business?

We are an insurance broker set up to bring you first class insurance at the most competitive prices we can find.

We search a range of market-leading insurers to find you the best deal.

We’re an established UK broker icon

We’re an established UK broker

Affordable price icon

Affordable price

Quality cover icon

Quality cover

Top customer service icon

Top customer service

Shop and Retailer Insurance

"*" indicates required fields

(e.g. Johnathan Smith)
(e.g. John's Business)
(e.g. 07000000000)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Looking to contact us a different way?

Email icon