0344 840 6300 talk2us@goskippy.com

Our business is to look out for your business


Office Insurance

There are many aspects to office insurance to consider and we have tried to answer your most common questions here. Remember, if you need to know anything else, our brokers are here to help and get you the cover you need. If you have more than one office or business premises, we may be able to offer you a discount. Just give us a call on 0344 776 9390 and we’ll give you your best options. Or you can complete a business enquiry form below and our brokers will get back to you with a quote.

What is office insurance?

Office insurance protects your commercial environment against financial costs and loss of business. If there’s a serious incident that prevents you and your team from trading as usual, office insurance is what you’re after.

Who needs office insurance?

Office insurance is used to protect both your work building and contents. In the event of damage to your office space or loss of equipment, there could be a significant impact on your earnings and reputation. An office insurance policy ensures that your business can continue to run and will cover any loss of earnings.

What level of office insurance cover do I need?

Here at GoSkippy4Business, we offer core office insurance coverage policies, so everyone is covered for the basics. This includes:

  • Building insurance

Buildings insurance protects the physical structure of your office. It will usually cover fixtures and fittings too, e.g. any built-in items such as the kitchen or the boiler.

If your premises is damaged by fire, flood, riots, explosion, subsidence, storm, or theft, the repair or rebuild costs could be significant. Your building insurance will cover any repair work up to the sum insured, or the cost of a complete rebuild, should the worst happen. This can also cover home offices.

  • Contents insurance

If you want to protect your hotel’s furniture or appliances, you’d be wise to include contents cover within your insurance. It covers the items you own within the building against damage. For example, if fire destroys the expensive artwork you had on display, this will help to cover the cost of replacement.

  • Public Liability Insurance:

This covers you for damage, loss or injury to third parties while on your business grounds. For example, if a guest trips on uneven paving while entering your office.


As an insurance broker, we’ll build you a tailored policy, so you only buy the cover you need. Some of the optional extras we can arrange, include:

  • Legal expenses insurance – if your construction company was faced with legal costs, for example, a client dispute, legal expense insurance will help to cover the costs involved.
  •  Employers’ liability insurance – if you employ other people to assist you in your duties, you’re legally obliged to have employers’ liability (EL) insurance. Should an employee be injured or fall ill on the job, your employers’ liability insurance will cover compensation and legal costs.

Why use us?

GoSkippy4business is an insurance broker set up to bring you first class insurance at the most competitive prices we can find. We search a range of market-leading insurers to find you the best deal.