0344 840 6300 talk2us@goskippy.com

Our business is to look out for your business


Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance can raise many questions like:

• Do I need Landlord Insurance if I already have home insurance?
• Do I need Landlord Insurance if I’m renting to family members?
• Do I need Contents Insurance if I’m renting an unfurnished property?

As a broker, we are here to answer your questions and get you the cover you need, at a great price. Don’t forget to let us know if you have more than one tenanted property, as this could get you a discount.

Just give us a call on 0344 776 9390 and we’ll give you your best options.

Who needs Landlord Insurance?

Put simply, if you rent a commercial or residential property to tenants, you need Landlord Insurance. This is because:
• It will protect you from risks you when other people rent your property, or when your property is vacant in-between lets.
• It will help guarantee your rental income

There’s no legal obligation to have Landlord Insurance, but it’s normally a requirement of a buy-to-let mortgage lender. A standard home insurance policy will not cover you if you’re renting to tenants.

What does Landlord Insurance cover?

Landlord Insurance protects you, your property, and your tenants.

You can build a Landlord Insurance policy to meet your needs, but some of the core elements include:

• Buildings Insurance
If your property is damaged by fire, flood, storm, or an accident, your buildings insurance will cover any repair work up to the sum insured.

Normally, this includes fixtures and fittings too, i.e. built-in items such as the kitchen units, the bathroom suits, and the boiler.

• Content Insurance
Whether you’re renting out a fully furnished, or unfurnished property, your Landlord Insurance policy should contain contents insurance.

Why? Because even in an unfurnished property, curtains, carpets and white goods could become damaged by your tenants and need to be replaced.

• Property Owners Liability Insurance
As a landlord, you have a duty of care to make sure your tenants are as safe as possible in your property. Property owners’ liability is a type of public liability insurance that protects you from the costs involved if a tenant does make a claim against you, including legal fees and compensation costs.

For example, your tenant could fall down the stairs of your property claiming the handrail wasn’t secure and make a claim against you.

Specialist Landlord Insurance

We have a range of specialist policies, so whether you’re a commercial or residential landlord, have a house of multiple occupation (HMO) or just one lodger, we’ll make sure you have the right cover to suit your needs:

• Commercial landlord insurance
• Residential landlord insurance
• Commercial property insurance

Add ons

As an insurance broker we’ll build you a tailored policy, so you only buy the cover you need.

Some of the optional extras we can arrange, include:

• Accidental Damage
• Loss of Rent
• Home Emergency Cover
• Legal Expenses Insurance
• Tenant Default Insurance/ Rent Guarantee
• Alternative Accommodation
• Key Care Insurance

Why use us?

We are an insurance broker set up to bring you first class insurance at the most competitive prices we can find.

We search a range of market-leading insurers to find you the best deal.