Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software

Commercial Van Insurance

What is Commercial Van Insurance?

It’s a type of commercial vehicle insurance that protects your work van. If your work van is stolen, or in an accident, it means you can minimise disruption to your business.

The minimum cover you need (by law) is third party only (TPO). However, you can increase your cover if you want greater peace of mind:

Fully comprehensive cover icon
Fully Comprehensive

This includes all the cover you get with Third Party Fire and Theft, with added protection for your own vehicle if you’re involved in a collision that’s your fault.

Third party, fire & theft icon
Third Party, Fire and Theft

The same as Third Party Only, but with cover for your work van if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.

Third party icon
Third Party Only

This covers any damage you cause to other people and their property. It doesn’t cover repairs to your own vehicle.

Types of Commercial Van Insurance?

To make sure you get the right type of business policy, we’ll ask what you use your van for, and what type of van it is. We’ll also need to know the weight of your van, as any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes normally falls into the category of truck insurance.

Carriage of own goods
Carriage of own goods

If you use your work van to carry your own business goods. For example, a gardener will carry tools and equipment.

Carriage of goods for hire icon
Carriage of goods for hire and reward

If you use your work van to carry other peoples’ goods for payment, normally to multiple drop-offs each day.


This cover insures against any accident that you may have. It includes all the features of Carriage of goods for hire and reward and Carriage of own goods, and damage to your van when it’s unattended, such as vandalism or a hit and run.

Commercial Van optional extras

We’ll make sure you’re not paying for cover you don’t need and can even give you some tips to help keep your insurance costs down.

Some of the key areas we can arrange cover for include*

We also offer Motor Legal Expenses Cover and Breakdown Cover

Interested in adding these to your policy?

*Limitations and exclusions apply to all these add-ons.

Who needs Commercial Van Insurance?

If you own a van, under the Road Traffic Act, if it is not declared SORN, then you need a valid insurance policy to drive it, the minimum being ‘Third Party Only’. If you use a van to make a living, it’s commercial van insurance you’re after. This could be for travelling to different work locations with a van full of tools, goods, or materials for business purposes.

Enquire now
A delivery van

Why use GoSkippy 4 Business?

We are an insurance broker set up to bring you first class insurance at the most competitive prices we can find.

We search a range of market-leading insurers to find you the best deal. Please note, the cheapest way to get a quote from us is online.

We’re an established UK broker icon

We’re an established UK broker

Affordable price icon

Affordable price

Quality cover icon

Quality cover

Top customer service icon

Top customer service

Fleet Insurance

Get a quote
Skippy driving a lorry with a smaller lorry beside it

Commercial Van Insurance

"*" indicates required fields

(e.g. Johnathan Smith)
(e.g. John's Business)
(e.g. 07000000000)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Looking to contact us a different way?

Email icon