With international travel experiencing a lot of constant changes, you may be considering a staycation instead. The UK has some beautiful roads and scenery that are waiting to be explored. So, check out the best ones below
- Atlantic Highway- This is essentially a nice name for the A39. The journey is 77 miles from Devon all the way down to Newquay. The road takes you through beautiful scenery including Bude and Camelford with plenty of beautiful beaches along the way.
- Causeway Coastal Route, Northern Ireland.-This route is 120 miles long and many recommend that you drive it over a couple of days just to take in all the beautiful scenery and visit the attractions. The route links Belfast to Londonderry.
- Village hopping through the Cotswolds.- The Cotswolds is a beautiful part of the world. With amble of beautiful countryside views and idyllic limestone villages. Why not see as many villages as possible in one road trip through the Cotswolds. Starting at Stratford upon Avon and ending up by Bath. Some notable villages to stop by are Castle Combe, Chipping Norton and Evesham.
- North Coast 500, Scotland- A whopping 516 miles around the north coast of Scotland, this route will show you some impeccable sites from secluded beaches to mountains and you may even be lucky enough to see the Northern lights (the only place in the country where this is possible).
- Argyll coastal route- Setting off from Loch Lomond, this route travels around Scotland’s west coast. Taking in all the sunsets, fresh sea air and (if you like it) seafood that Scotland has to offer. The road trip ends at Fort William, the base of Ben Nevis.
- Snake Pass, Peak district- This route is probably the most famous driving routes in the Peak District. It crosses the Pennines between Glossop and the Ladybower Reservoir. Did you know that the highest point of the road is 1679 feet about sea level? Not only will you enjoy beautiful green hills but you’ll also be able to take in the river Ashop.
- Black Mountain Pass, Brecon Beacons, Wales- On this road you will travel through 20 miles through the Black Mountain range in the Brecon Beacons National Park. Not only are there beautiful view but the roads are excellent to drive on.
So, if you decide to explore the UK this summer rather than travel internationally, we hope these road trips have given you some inspiration. These roads are a chance to take in some great scenery, drive responsibility, and enjoy your car to the fullest.”
Disclaimer- Articles are for general information only – customers should always seek their own independent advice. GoSkippy is not affiliated with the organisations/businesses mentioned and does not recommend or endorse any of the included products or services. For more information please visit our disclaimer.