Winter is on its way!
Our nights are drawing in and the weather is ever changing. The unpredictable weather conditions can make driving more difficult at this time of year. It’s even more important to make sure you are doing what you can to prevent any unexpected breakdowns or road incidents. There are several things you can do to help keep you driving safe this frosty season.
But what if you do have an accident?
There are a few simple steps to take to be safe and deal with an incident;
- Safety first… make sure you are safe and unharmed. If medical treatment is needed for yourself or anyone involved, treat this as a priority and call for help.
- Remain calm
- Warn others – use hazard lights or warning triangle to signal to other road users that an incident has occurred.
- It’s very important you contact us to report your accident as soon as possible and when it is safe to do so.
- Exchange details with the other party (including names, phone numbers and address, make, model and registration number of the vehicle, and details of their insurance company). Don’t accept liability.
- Take down details of any witnesses or police officers that attended the scene.
- Take photos if you can and if it is safe to do so.
There are a few ways you can contact us after an incident.
- You can call our Claims Team 24/7 to report a new claim on 0344 840 9503 for car, 0344 840 9504 for van, and 0344 840 9505 for bikes (It will speed up the process if you have your policy details and incident details to hand)
- You can report a claim via your online portal
- Or you can fill out an online claim form
Making a claim can be a stressful time, especially after a road incident. GoSkippy are committed to providing excellent service, as is our partner company Somerset Bridge Insurance who handle our claims. Our experienced claims handlers are here to help you throughout the whole process and are equipped to answer any questions you may have.